Saturday, November 15, 2008

Busy! Busy! Busy!



We have been so busy over the past couple of weeks, but I feel like I just have to sit down and post or it will never happen. This post is going to be kind of long and might not be of interest to many, but read on if you so desire. On the 7th of November we had Aaron's brother Allen and his wife Jen and their little girl Audrey come and stay with us for a week, it was so much fun to spend time with them and the rest of the family while they were in town. They are going to be moving to Japan for the next three years, and we will miss seeing them, but are excited to see and hear about all of the adventures that they have.


I thought that I would tell a cute story about Garret while they were here. Garret loves to sing, he is always making up his own little songs. The one that he sings all of the time is "follow follow Jesus, follow follow follow Jesus," over and over with his cute little tune. He loves me to sing him I am a child of God before he goes to sleep at night and nap time, so one day while Allen, Jen and Audrey were here, I was putting Garret down for his nap and singing his song, when he interrupted and said no mom and started singing "Baby Audrey, Baby Audrey and me are friends" so I stared singing and he said "yeah mom that one". What a fun kid he is, I don't know what I would do without him, he has such a fun personality and is so sweet most of the time.


Another little story about Garret. Out at my Grandmas house, she has some little coasters for cups that Garret loves to play with, he counts them and lines them up in a row, so they are his special little thing that he plays with when we go to "Granny Grapes" ( don't you love how kids are entertained by the littlest things.) Well Sam found the coasters and stared playing with them and as soon as Garret noticed he went to get them from Sam. Sam being the sweetheart that he is gave them to him as soon as Garret asked nicely and immediately took them to the back room where he didn't stay very long and then he came back in and said "HA HA Sam I hided them." Later after we left my Grandma went to see if she could find them and and she couldn't. A week and a half later when we went out there he went right in and got them.


I had to show the picture of Garret below, because it shows so much of his personality.



Sam is such a great kid, we love having him around. He is into being super heroes big time right now while Allen and Jen were here he was always a new character every hour some of my favorites were ("pillow man" and he would say "throw your pillows", or "spider man do your webs" and this goes on and on with anything that you could think of that he could be he has or will be. Sam has been such a big help with me since I first broke my foot, it has been four months since I was my accident and he has been a trooper through the whole thing. I have asked him to do way more than most kids his age would do and he just does it and most of the time he does it with a smile, whether it is taking a stinky diaper to the trash or picking up messes even if he didn't make them, helping put laundry away or just running from room to room getting things that I needed, he would do it. He does try to get me to walk on my foot regularly though, he says Mom just try to walk on it I know you can, and I would say I know you want me to, but the doctor says that I can't yet. So this week I took him with me to my Doctor's appointment and he was so happy that the doctor said that I can now start bearing some weight on it.




The update on my foot is I can finally after four long months of being on crutches and non-weight baring I can now start bearing some weight on my foot and I have had my first session of physical therapy, I am so excited that I am seeing the end of this trial, I didn't know if this day would ever come. despite my weight gain and lose of muscle I am really happy, I know that I will be able to get back in shape and get back to my normal routine soon. This will be such a long month, and I know that it will be a lot of work, but I am willing to do what it takes to get back and going again. The hardest part is going to be taking it slow I want to start doing everything the way that I used to right away, but I can't and the Dr. and PT have both said that this will be a process that I have to take a day at a time.


I guess that I have know posted a little something about everyone to some degree except for Aaron. So here is a little bit of what Aaron has been up to. He just finished one of our Bathrooms, new tile, toilet, sink, light/fan, walls, paint, electrical , everything and he did it all by his self, with a little help from the boys and I. It looks so good I will have to post some pictures later. I know that it has been a lot of work but he has learned so much. Aaron has also been reading a lot, he really enjoys reading you could say that this is one of his hobbies, some of his favorite reading is the classics. He has also been busy with work and playing with the boys, I love to see them all play together, it is so much fun to watch.


7 comments:

The Palmer family said...

I love the pictures, you all look so cute! And I love the new bathroom! :)

Bluebird & Company said...

Cute Garrett stories!
I love little kids singing!
Sam is a good boy. He seems to have such a good temperament and is always so happy about life. :)

I love the last picture. So cute!

Melissa said...

Oh what a cute family!Those pictures are too cute! Your boys are just too precious! Those smiles are worth a million dollars! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

Jen and Allen said...

Hey... Thank you so much for leting us stay with you. We had so much fun. Thank you so much and we hope to see you relitivly soon... yeah no spell chekc sorry. Love you all, Jen

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

Love the pics! :) I can't believe you're only now able to begin using your foot again.... what a long road! Love and miss you guys.

Chelsea said...

I love the family pictures! What a cute family you have!

Dylan, Holly, and Aspen said...

Your family is so cute. How are you guys? Ready for the holidays?