Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Road Trip Back East



My mother in-law was going back east to stay with Aaron's brother Collin and his wife who just had a new baby so my sister Kammie, Ellisa and I drove out with her in two day's and then flew home. It was such a fun trip, we loved seeing sweet little Adalyn she was a doll. Ellisa traveled great, we spent one day out there, and enjoyed seeing friends, great food, and family. Below are a few OK I mean a lot and lot of pictures of our trip going in backwards order. This all happened over memorial day weekend and Aaron and the boys stayed in town for the Father and sons camp out, they had so much fun, it was a great start to summer for all of us.


Ellisa chilling at the airport on the floor

her first plane ride


This was also Kammie's first airplane ridethe three of us


Collin and Aidyn

Kammie and Ellisa. these pictures were taken at lake norman

Ellisa

The lake was so beautiful

my sweet little girl and me Mema and Adalyn

Collin, Kara and Aidyn



Aidyn and Collin


they had these huge cool umbrellas around the lake


more of the lake

how fun would it be to have a house like this right on a lake

Adalyn

Aidyn and Collin


Sweet big brother with his new sister

Adalyn is so beautiful!




Kammie and Ellisa outside the Smith home

Adalyn with her aunt Kassie

Cousins

We were able to go and visit some of our great friends the Harris family





Ellisa


Cecily

Ellisa and Cecily

Photo Shoot










On the road

Stretching the legs




Mississippi


This is what Ellisa looked like most of the trip



Ellisa's first musical instrument


A nasty bug off of our windsheld



Texas, Cadillac Ranch

One great lesson I learned was to stop, My mother in-law had us turn around and go back after passing cadillac ranch so we could go and get pictures. I always find myself just going and going and never stopping to enjoy things as much as I should, this was such a simple thing but it really made me think.
























Vega, Texas

This is where we stopped for lunch at DQ it was the only place around, and the town was so small.


Kammie and Ellisa somewhere in Texas




The sun set was really cool I don't even remember what state we were in but it was the first time that I have ever felt real humidity, it was almost hard to breath, so weird.


1 comment:

Laura Morris said...

Looks like a super fun trip! I am glad you stopped at Cadillac Ranch. That looks pretty awesome!! Fun to see the pictures!