Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas 2010


The month of December was so wonderful this year since I knew that we would be having a new little baby come to our home I wanted everything to be really simple, so I got all of our shopping done early so that we could really enjoy the holiday's and when our baby came we would be ready. I had hoped that Ellisa would come earlier than the 20th which was her due date according to the ultrasound, but the 15th is the date that I had from when I first found out I was pregnant. So on the night of the 14th when I started having a few pains around 8, while we were watching a movie NS I really didn't know if it was real or not so I didn't tell Aaron for a few hours. I didn't know it I should tell him because I knew he wouldn't sleep, but the contractions were coming harder and faster so I thought that I would tell him. Neither of us could sleep after that so to got up told Kammie that things were happening and that we would end up going in sometime that night so she might want to get ready to come in with us. I went in the kitchen and started doing a few little projects between the contractions and walking around the house to work through the contractions that I was having. Aaron was keeping track of time for me, like how long they were and how much time was in between them and all the sudden they went from 12-14 min. apart to 4 min apart I don't know if that had to do with me walking through them or what but I knew that it was time to go so we called Andy, Aaron's brother that was going to stay with the boys, and took of within half an hour. Thanks to Aaron for being such a strong support for me we were able to make it through everything and our sweet little girl arrived at 2:34. We feel so blessed and were excited to bring her home to enjoy Christmas as a family. And so the fun began.

My family came to town the weekend that Ellisa was born to meet her. It was fun to see them but also kind of crazy, it is always hard with a new baby, adjusting to life being so different, but we had a fun time. My parents, brother Jordan his family and brother Bobby all came to town.

Bobby and Will

Handsome Will
Ellisa and I (thanks to Sam for the picture)


Sam enjoying the funnies

Garret and his new sister

Ellisa and Daddy

Ellisa in her car seat

Sam is such a great helper with Ellisa
Ellisa One Week
Opening Christmas Eve PJ's


watching the boys open their PJ's

The boys put Jess the Elf out one last night before he went home with Santa

Just what the boys wanted from Santa

Garret - A blue sock monkey

Sam - A new wii game

plus other fun stuff

Garret loves his new monkey

Aaron with his favorite Christmas present, she is going to be a Daddy's Girl I am sure of it.


Opening presents



Andy with Ellisa and the bonnet that he made her

Our three beautiful children

Aaron and the fun nurf gun that he got

Ellisa before bed on Christmas in her stocking that they sent her home from the hospital with

10 days old

On the 26th we woke up and drove to my parents house to spend a few days with all of my family. Everyone was going to be home so I wanted to be there too. We got some family pictures while we were there so I thought that I would add the silly one to show the whole Family

My sister in-law took some darling pictures of Ellisa for me thanks Che'

This picture makes me laugh because the boys say that she looks like a puppy begging for food, but she is always doing this with her hands. I think it is so sweet.


Her cute little tutu





So Sweet


A really good friend of mine made this cute hat for Ellisa to get a picture in and I think that it turned out great. I love this picture.




While at my parents we went and did a little shooting. The kids had fun playing on the cattle guard

Jared, Che' and Finley


Gary and his Superman look


Cute Kammie, watch out boys she will most likely out shoot you!


Jordan and Bobby


Daddy


Bobby


Sam


My good looking husband


Garret

got to love the safety glasses, ear plugs and ammo


Sam taking a few shots


helping grandpa with the clay pigeons

Hiking


Most of the family went on a fun hike one morning, everyone said that it was beautiful and nice to get out and exercise.





the four older grandkids
After the hike everyone enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Olive Garden, which is a family tradition to go somewhere nice for dinner when my dad gets a job transfer, which he found out that morning that he was going to be transfered to Vernal, UT. Here are a few pictures of the dinner. Sorry Jordan but this was one of the only ones that I had.
After my parents we took off to St. George to spend New Years enjoying a family reunion for the Rogers family, and Aaron's Grandma was turning 80. We had such a great time and I really enjoyed getting to know the Rogers a little better.

Rogers Family Group Picture



Keely made Grandma an embroidered quilt for her birthday with all of the Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren and then pillow shams withe the Children. Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of what it looked like. I thought that it was beautiful!


Aaron's brother Collin and family were able to come for the reunion and the boys loved playing with Aidyn. He was such a sweet boy and we really miss being able to see them more.



Grandma with Ellisa


Kody and Garret having fun on new years eve being silly

Kody and Aaron's cousin Preston
Aidyn, Grandpa and Owen
What handsome boys

We had such a great time over Christmas and New Years and are so grateful that we were able to go. We love our families so much and are grateful for everything that they do for us.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Kassie, you're family is beautiful! We love you bunches!!!